Apple Watch was the most shouted news over the internet before and after its launch. Suunto is the leading name in the international market for sports watches. And the Apple Watch Sport sales will definitely affect the sale of Suunto models. The sportsperson, runners and fitness aware people liked the Suunto’s Ambit2 and Ambit3 models earlier. Apple’s this product targets multiple markets and missed to give more emphasize for the explorers, cyclists, tri-athletes, and ultra-runners.
Suunto Ambit3 vs. Apple Watch:
* Variants – AMBIT3 PEAK and AMBIT3 SPORT are the two model series with seven different models. Black and Sapphire are two models lined up in the PEAK series whereas Sport series have Sapphire, White, Blue, and Black like variants. Most buyers prefer the Sapphire versions as it comes with Sapphire quartz bezel which is comparatively more scratch resistant. Apple Watch, Sport and Edition are the three models available in the market to choose from.
* Strength – All the way through comparing the technical specifications, one can say, both watches are powerhouses. If you are searching for a rugged watch then Suunto watches are ideal for you. But the Apple Watch is crafted beautifully with metal and glass. In terms of the band, both gadgets offer more options to choose from as per your needs and budget. The smart-watch and sports-watch combo Apple’s watch is more perfect for the city life than the sportsperson’s rugged routine works.
* HRM – Ambit3 is fully featured to get paired with heart rate monitors using Bluetooth connectivity option. It works a bit different than the procedures of the Apple Watch’s HRM feature. Both watches, while on the wrist and the monitoring is activated, you can see the measurements more accurately. As these devices provide accurate readings, you need not to spend on buying wrist or chest straps. The cost you paid for buying Ambit3 or Apple Watch Sport sales will be enough to get benefitted from the features mentioned.
* GPS – Suunto Ambit3 comes with built-in GPS system but this feature only can be activated on Apple Watch through connecting it to iPhone. But for the accuracy, Ambit3 is more perfect and can provide you more details, map data with accurate reading.
* Battery – Both devices comes with powerful rechargeable batteries with decent battery life. The expediency of the battery completely depends upon the use of the features in it. Mostly, GPS and few other APPs will make your battery down earlier. The Suunto Ambit3 launched with a bit powerful battery technology compared to its previous models.
* Apps – The developers are quite busy these days to launch new apps for the wearables. Whether it is of Apple’s iOS, Google’s Android or any other proprietary OS, you will find many useful applications in their respective marketplaces. After getting the device ordered at Apple Watch Sport sales offer, you need to research on different available apps to extend its functionality.
Being a smart buyer, you must consider comparing the cost of every model available in the market along with checking its spec sheet.